Tuesday 28 July 2009

Indietracks long video - Part 1

Part 1 of the Last Night From Glasgow Indie Eyespy full length video of Indietracks 2009



This video feature the following bands recorded on Friday and Saturday
  • Modular
  • Rose Elinor Dougall
  • Au Revoir Simone
  • Little My
  • Lets Whisper
  • Friends
  • Tender Trap
  • Fitness First
  • The Frank and Walters
  • Labrador
  • The Specific Heats
  • Butcher Boy
  • Camera Obscura
  • Alaska
  • Emmy the Great
  • La Casa Azul
  • 'Allo Darlin'
  • The Smittens
  • David Pope from The Just Joans
  • Moustache of Insanity
  • The Vegetable Assembly
  • Images of Mathematicians on Postage Stamps
  • Pete Green
My plan is to do a full length video in two 10-minute long parts, this is the first one, the second one with cover bands from the Sunday. I also plan to make a 7-minute cut, a 3-munite cut and then finally somehow distill 40 minutes of footage of Indietracks into a 30 second clip featuring all the bands.

Videos from Indietracks 2008 last year are here, here and here

Sorry the sound quality is pants, I recorded it all on my trusty Canon Ixus 50 camera and built-in microphone with a 2Gb memory card in black and white, and used Windows Movie Maker for editing and subtitles. Its not high definition, its not even DVD quality, it's barely YouTube quality. I'm not a professional, I'm an unemployable wretch, so its got to be quick, easy and hassle free.

There were loads of other video folk at Indietracks, the Scottish mob, the pretty girls with professional equipment and the thousands of folk thrusting cameraphones at the stage, there's got to be some higher quality videos out there, but this is what I saw and what I heard, and it was great, I know cos I was there. Was There Then.

Videos from Indietracks 2008 are here, here and here