Monday 27 July 2009

La Casa Azul - Indietracks

There a chap on stage on his own singing with a video of five of his mates on a big screen behind him.

He's dressed in white and wearing a motorbike helmet, kind of like half of Daft Punk, as Kraftwerk.

Rather thumping sample-based dance music and some neat synchronised video effects.

Lots of people in the crowd are singing along, which surprises me a wee bit, half of its in Spanish.

Emmy the Great finishes on the indoor stage so crowds of people are flocking out to watch La Casa Azul in their thousands.

He kind of cuts a Moby-like figure, when Moby is at his Jesus Christ-est.

But it just goes on and on and on. Its so loud and thumping, the music permiates the whole festival site now, there's no escape. I just want a quiet corner somewhere ans happy quiet music. But instead I must wait for La Casa Azul to finish.

Fifteen years ago, I would have loved it, the mysteriousness od having a band that no one has seen in the flesh, samples and covers and dance music for hours on end, but I'm old tired this century, I have wish for simpler pleasures.

1 comment:

Things said...

awww, it's a shame you didn't love la Casa Azul as much as the rest of us. I've already watched a video on youtube about 5 or 6 times, I thought he was brilliant!