Wednesday 1 August 2007

The Orchids

They were just tuning up when I first saw them, they looked a bit like a gang of scaffolders, the craggy faces one who can spec a job on sight, the wee one they always send out for lunch, he's known in every fish and chip shop in town, the baby-faced one all the girls fancy and the Jimmy Nail leader chap.

i missed the Orchids back in the day, whenever it was. Robbie didn't, he was well into them, trying to pimp them onto me. I downloaded all I could find, to no avail, it was all jangily, samey. Other stuff I had to listen to.
The Orchids
So it was tonight, pleasant jangily music. But whilst the crowd cheered for their favourite tunes, old songs, new songs, classics, I just listened and thought little.

Three guitarists, one on acoustic, one on phaser/wah-wah noodles and one on rhythm noodles.

Robbie was bow to them at the end, "We're not worthy"

Yeah, I missed them.

1 comment:

ian said...

i missed the Orchids back in the day, whenever it was.

I think it was when you were in primary school.