Saturday 18 April 2009

Lost Music : Rose Elinor Dougall - The Enterprise

Its really loud in The Enterprise tonight, or I haven't been to any gigs in weeks, dark and moody, always reminds me of the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks. On stage is a five piece, really skinny people. Sassy dark-haired girl center-stage surrounded by keyboards, killer cheekbones and sparkly bustier.

The music is overwealmingly loud and strangely hypnotic. Like what I'd heard on Rose Elinor Dougall's Myspace page but with the overdrive pedal firmly pressed.

Lost Music: Rose Elinor Dougall - The Enterprise

There's something of the early era Johnny Greenwood about their left side guitarist, I wonder if anyone else though so.

The crowd is a little sparse tonight, the only familiar faces I can see are Trevor and Tom the promoters and the woman on the door. Trevor let's me know that he's going to be winding up Lost Music after four more shows. The recession's biting and folk aren't coming out as much as in the halcyon days of 2007 and 2008.

Lost Music: Rose Elinor Dougall - The Enterprise

Anyhoo, Rose Elinor Dougall was mighty fine and gets extra bonus points in my book for sticking around to see the next band.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments: