Monday 20 July 2009

Allo Darlin' - Betsey Trotwood

I arrived late and missed Lets Whisper. Lots of familiar faces in the crowd, the WeePOP massive, the Moustache of Insanity crowd, Monster Bobby.

With the rest of the band set up in the corner, Elizabeth Darling lifts her microphone stand and steps to the centre of the room.

The place is packed and its mighty warm. For once I'm in the upstairs room at the Betsey Trotwood, usually the gigs I go to are in the basement.

The first song she plays on her own, just a girl and her ukulele and the whole room falls silent.


Its happy music. Music for small rooms of quiet people listening rather than big rooms with people talking.

Ooh, I've never noticed the Just Joans namedrop in a song before.

Some of the songs are available on iTunes, I'm not sure how to link to them, but if you search for 'Allo Darlin' they're easy to find, and well worth purchasing, I did.

No comments: